Will an Elephant Fit In My Garage? : To get your head around the actual sizes of these spaces we have compiled a list of a few crazy things that will fit inside o...
The Largest Vehicles Ever : Many of customers come to us for because they can’t fit their vehicle into their own garage - these vehicles however would be...
Who First Sold Empty Space? : The self-storage industry is the largest in Europe, however, thirty years ago – it didn’t even exist. You may wonder who are ...
The UK’s Cheapest and Most-Expensive Lock Up Garages : Lock up garages are fast becoming huge ‘rental investments’ and as the old saying goes, ‘one man’s trash is another man’s tre...
One Sign You Need To Hire a Garage! : A true sign that you need to hire a garage must be if your car doesn’t fit in it.
Need to Make your Move Easier? : Moving house has the potential to be an extremely stressful time, with everything being a whirlwind of emotions.
The UK Garages Super Statistics : Are we becoming a nation of hoarders?
Is Your Garage Cluttered? This May Be Why... : If you're trying to get around to organising your garage, recognising these thought processes may help.
Stuck For Space With Your New Build? : It has been noted by the British Homebuyers Association that recent new builds are getting smaller and smaller.
How Lock Up Garages Could Solve Your Parking Problems : How Lock Up Garages Could Solve Your Parking Problems
Garage Jackpots $$$ : Reports have shown that over £2 billion worth of unworn clothes and shoes is being hoarded by the women of the UK, but over t...
The Garage: Home of Some of the World’s Most Influential Music : “I got rid of my car, and bought a garage band instead. Music gets better gas mileage.”
Give Your Garage Some TLC : As long as your garage - hired or not - is holding all your prized clutter over the spring cleaning months, you must not negl...
Give Your Garage A Summer Clean Out : With summer just around the corner, it’s the perfect excuse to give your garage a good clear out of all that accumulated unwa...
Famous Companies that Started Out in Garages : Everything has to start somewhere.
More Clever Storage Tips : If you are struggling for space in your home and have looked into external storage spaces you really want to make the most ou...
Clever Storage : Get your garage space organised with these simple tricks
Important Things to Consider Before Renting a Garage Space : Whether you are enquiring, thinking about renting a storage unit or have been toying with the idea for a while, there are som...
UK Residents Urged To Secure Their Garages : UK Residents Urged To Secure Their Garages
Storage for Spring Cleaning : The skies are blue, the weather is warm, and it’s the perfect time to fling your windows open and clear out the clutter of th...
Garages – A Sought After Commodity : Garages are a much sought-after commodity in cities and towns across the UK – but nowhere more than the capital.
Something for the weekend : As we have mentioned in one of our older blogs ‘Parking your car in the city’ can be very difficult and no city is harder to ...
Lock Up Garages: Brilliant Storage Solutions for Your Vehicles : Lock up garages offer a whole host of benefits for many households across the UK. However, some of the most notable advantage...
Seven Amazing Ways to Use Your Hired Garage : People choose to hire a garage from Lock Up Garages for many reasons. The most common reason is that they don’t have a garage...
Lock Up Garages: A Complete Managing Service to Meet Your Needs : Lock Up Garages, officially known as Dudrich (Holdings) Limited, acts as an in-house managing agent for 100% owned companies,...
Advantages of Renting a Garage in This Economic Climate : You may wish to rent storage space on a short-term basis too; your internet shop may have a surge in stock for a short period...
Drop in Crime Highlights How Seriously Britain Takes Security : Several recent articles and surveys have shown that crime in the UK has seen a significant drop in recent years. This drop ha...
Parking Your Car in the City : Owning a car in the city can be a hectic experience, the sheer volume of traffic can make it an ordeal getting from one place...
Things to Consider when Having a House Clear : Over the years our houses acquire clutter. We buy new clothes every year, furniture, music, DVDs, books and a whole host of o...
The Vital Importance of Secure Garage Facilities : The Vital Importance of Secure Garage Facilities
Top Storage Tips : Make sure that you're storing your possessions properly
How to Keep Your Possessions Safe : How to Keep Your Possessions Safe
3 Top Reasons For Renting A Garage : There are plenty of reasons to rent a garage in the UK – here are just a few.
What to Do With Your Excess Belongings After a Move : What to Do With Your Excess Belongings After a Move
Avoiding a Cluttered New Year : Avoiding a Cluttered New Year
Keeping Your Dream Car Safely Garaged : Keeping Your Dream Car Safely Garaged
UK Garage Space Becoming Increasingly Cluttered : UK Garage Space Becoming Increasingly Cluttered
What’s In Your Garage? : What’s In Your Garage?
Great Uses for Lock Up Garages : Great Uses for Lock Up Garages
Kids Flown the Nest But Left Their Mess? : Kids Flown the Nest But Left Their Mess?
Tips On How To Stay Safe In Your Garage : Tips On How To Stay Safe In Your Garage
External Storage in the UK : External Storage in the UK
How to Keep your Garage Clutter Free : How to Keep your Garage Clutter Free
New Findings Suggest a Lack of Space in UK Homes : New Findings Suggest a Lack of Space in UK Homes
Keep Your Bike Safe! : Bike theft is a common crime; more than half a million bikes are estimated to be stolen each year. If your bike wasn’t secure...
How to Win the War Against Clutter : Clutter in your home can be a source of major frustration for many people. Making the most of your space is the key when it c...
A Den for Men : Lock Up Garages - a place for your partner to practice their hobbies
Storage Wars : Welcome to the wacky and wonderful world of Storage Wars.
De-Clutter Your Home : Time for a tidy up?
Workshop or Warehouse? : What would you use your lock up garage for?
3 Tips for Cutting Down your Car Insurance : Helpful tips for helping you cut the cost of pricey car insurance.
020 8882 8575
Home ›Rental Agreement
For your protection as well as ours, we have a standard Rental Agreement, which all clients are required to sign, which details the general terms and conditions; a sample of which is below, and can also be downloaded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LICENCE AGREEMENT FOR GARAGE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LICENCE AGREEMENT FOR GARAGE
- RENT THE PREMISES FOR USE AS A PRIVATE GARAGE AT A QUARTERLY RENTAL OF , EXCLUSIVE OF RATES, PLUS VAT WHERE APPLICABLE, AND TO PAY THIS REGULARLY IN ADVANCE ON THE USUAL QUARTER DAYS (BEING 25TH MARCH, 24TH JUNE, 29TH SEPTEMBER, 25TH DECEMBER) WHETHER DEMANDED OR NOT, AND NEITHER SUB-LET NOR PART WITH POSSESSION OF THE GARAGE.
- ALL RENTAL REVIEWS ARE NOT NEGOTIABLE AND WILL BE IMPLEMENTED AND NOTIFIED TO THE LICENSEE BY GIVING ONE FULL QUARTERS NOTICE IN WRITING.
- ANY ALTERATIONS / CHANGES TO A LICENSEE’S NAME / ADDRESS / TELEPHONE NUMBER MUST BE ADVISED IN WRITING IMMEDIATELY BY RECORDED DELIVERY MAIL.
- ANY RENTALS OUTSTANDING AFTER THE DUE DATE UPON WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAID, WILL BE SUBJECT TO A SURCHARGE, WHICH IS IN ADDITION TO THE RENTAL, AND WILL BE EQUIVALENT TO ONE WEEKS RENT PLUS VAT (WHERE APPLICABLE), FOR EACH WEEK OR PART THEREOF WITH RESPECT TO ANY LATE PAYMENT HOWSOEVER CAUSED.
- A DEPOSIT OF IS REQUIRED WHICH IS ONLY REFUNDABLE AT THE EXPIRATION OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT (AS PER CLAUSE 11 BELOW) SUBJECT TO ALL OTHER CLAUSES HAVING BEEN MET AND UPON OUR INSPECTION, THE GARAGE HAVING BEEN LEFT CLEAR AND CLEAN READY FOR RE-LETTING AND HAVING ONLY BEING SUBJECTED TO NORMAL USAGE AND WEAR AND TEAR.
- USE THE GARAGE AND FORECOURT AND ACCESS THERETO AT MY OWN RISK, AND ONLY AUTHORISE OR PERMIT OTHERS TO USE THE SAME LIKEWISE.
- NEITHER PARK NOR PERMIT PARKING SO AS TO CAUSE OBSTRUCTION OF THE FORECOURT OR ACCESS THERETO, NOR TO PERMIT ANYTHING WHICH MAY CAUSE OR BECOME A NUISANCE, NOR TO PARK NOR PERMIT PARKING OF ANY UNATTENDED VEHICLE OUTSIDE OF THE GARAGE. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PARKING BAYS, PARKING IS NOT ALLOWED ON ANY SITE.
- NOT KEEPING ANYTHING INFLAMMABLE IN THE GARAGE OTHER THAN THE PETROL IN THE TANK OF THE VEHICLE, NOR TO DISPOSE OF ANY WASTE OR REFUSE ON THE SITE, BUT TO REMOVE SAME TO A SUITABLE PLACE FOR DISPOSAL.
- NEITHER ALTER THE STRUCTURE NOR AFFIX ANYTHING THERETO AND KEEP THE DOOR(S) CLOSED EXCEPT DURING VEHICLE ENTRY AND EXIT. DOORS MUST BE KEPT LOCKED WHEN NOT IN USE.
- TO KEEP THE SECURITY GATE TO THE PREMISES (WHERE PRESENT) CLOSED AND PADLOCKED, EXCEPT DURING VEHICLE ENTRY AND EXIT.
- MAKE GOOD ANY DAMAGE CAUSED OR DISCHARGE THE COST THEREOF AND KEEP THE DOOR LOCK AND “UP AND OVER” DOOR GEAR HINGES OILED AND SERVICEABLE AND THE GARAGE CLEAR, AND TO REPORT ANY OBVIOUS DEFECTS BEFORE THEY DETERIORATE.
- TO PERMIT ANY AUTHORISED PERSON(S) TO ENTER THE GARAGE AT ANY TIME TO INSPECT AND CARRY OUT WORK THERETO.
- ONE FULL QUARTERS WRITTEN NOTICE ON EITHER SIDE GIVEN TO EXPIRE ON THE LAST DAY OF ANY GIVEN QUARTER (REFER CLAUSE 1 FOR DATES) AS BEING SUFFICIENT NOTICE TO TERMINATE THE LICENCE AGREEMENT. UPON THE EXPIRATION OF SUCH NOTICE, I WILL CONFIRM IN WRITING THAT THE PREMISES HAVE BEEN LEFT CLEAN AND EMPTY AND RETURN ANY KEYS THAT MAY APPLY TO THE GARAGE / SECURITY GATE. IN THE EVENT OF THE RENT REMAINING UNPAID BY THE END OF ANY PERIOD OR THERE BEING ANY BREACH OF THE AFOREGOING, IT SHALL BE LAWFUL AT ANY TIME FOR THE GARAGE TO BE ENTERED AND REPOSSESSED, WHEREUPON THE LICENCE SHALL BE DETERMINED BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO ANY CLAIM IN RESPECT OF ANY BREACH OF CLEARANCE / CLEANING AND MAKING GOOD SHALL BE RECOVERABLE FROM ME AND AGREE THAT MY WRITTEN NOTICE OF TERMINATION AND CONFIRMATION OF VACATION OF THE PREMISES BE FORWARDED BY RECORDED DELIVERY MAIL.
- ALL REQUESTS TO EXTEND THE LENGTH OF THE LICENCE AFTER NOTICE HAS BEEN GIVEN TO TERMINATE SAME MUST BE APPLIED FOR IN WRITING AND SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY MAIL PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE NOTICE PERIOD CURRENTLY IN FORCE.
- DOOR LOCKS / YALE TYPE OR PADLOCK: IT IS A CONDITION OF THE LICENCE THAT THE SUPPLIED LOCKS OF ANY STYLE ARE NOT CHANGED. THIS IS AN INSURANCE REQUIREMENT: IF YOU WISH TO ADD ADDITIONAL PADLOCKS PLEASE APPLY FOR PERMISSION IN WRITING. YALE / MORTICE TYPE LOCKS CANNOT BE CHANGED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. IF DAMAGE OCCURS, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, TO LOCKS OR LOCKING GEAR, THE COST OF REPLACEMENT, LABOUR AND MATERIALS IS FOR THE LICENSEE’S ACCOUNT.
- LICENCE PERIOD TO COMMENCE:
I ACCEPT THE LICENCE TO OCCUPY THESE PREMISES HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHICH I UNDERTAKE TO OBSERVE AND PERFORM, AND I ACKNOWLEDGE HAVING RECEIVED A COPY THEREOF.
|SIGNATURE: ….............................................................||DATE: …......................................|
|NAME:||DATE OF BIRTH:|
|AGENTS SIGNATURE: ….............................................................||DATE: …......................................|